Register | Recover Password

Who do I contact for Utilities for my Fairfield MT home?

Tags: , , , , , ,

Who do I contact for Utilities for my Fairfield MT home?

In Montana it is not always obvious who to contact for basic utilities such as water, sewer, garbage, electric and gas.

Water and sewer is typically the easiest utility to figure out if you are in town. Most Montana towns have some kind of city office that can get you set up. Finding their phone number if it is a small town and you are not from the area can be more difficult though.

Several different utility companies handle gas and electric utilities depending on which town you are in and whether you are in the city limits or not.

In Fairfield MT the city provides the water and sewer. You can contact the city office at (406) 467-2510. If you are new to the area you will need to establish a Post Office box for billing, since there is no home delivery, before the city will establish your account.

Garbage in Fairfield is handled by Montana Waste. It billed on your tax bill and you receive a small dumpster which is picked up on Tuesdays.

Electric and gas utilities in Fairfield are provided by Northwestern Energy. You can reach them at (888) 467-2669

Local phone  and Internet access in Fairfield is provided by home town 3 Rivers. They can also set you up with DirecTV. You can reach them at (800) 424-5555

Other TV options include Dish Network which can be reached at (888) 236-2202

If you are outside the city limits everything changes.  Contact your Real Estate Agent for utility info in rural situations.